Monday, March 9, 2009

There are a few different ways to do this Mystery Bag.
It just depends what kind of bag you want in the end.

Once you get the bag semi-assembled you will be able to tell if you like the way it feels. Is the interfacing stiff enough? Do you want a hard bottom insert? What will you be using the bag for?

I have made this bag several ways, and I like them all, but they are all for different purposes.
The one that I will be using for my computer bag I have interfaced with Fusible Fleece.....gives it that protected feeling. You would need about 1/2 yard fusible fleece.

The one that I'm carying my books and folders in I have double interfaced- the lining and purse body. I have also used a double layer of peltex in the bottom. This bag doesn't lose it's shape.
You would need an additional 2 yards of interfacing, and 1/2 yard peltex.

The third one is just a purse/summer bag. I have made it with 1 layer of interfacing. This is the way I will be teaching in the Sew-along.

****Don't forget to join the flicker group. It is under Gracie Lou's****

No comments: