Friday, March 6, 2009

Lego hair man

Thank you for you caring and support. My lego-hair man and I appreciate your prayers and support.

I think I can tell you, now, what had me so frightened.
My husband is a healthy man. He runs 3 miles a day, lifts weights, and stays very active. He takes his health very seriously.

Thursday he came home for lunch and said, "I think I'm going to have to call the Doctor, or go to the Emergency room." He proceeded to tell me that his left arm was numb and cold, and his face felt like he'd been to the dentist. He sat down and took his blood pressure, and it was quite high.

He went to the ER where they did a CAT scan, an EKG, X-Rays, and finally the Treadmill test. There was something on the X-Ray that they couldn't identify so they scheduled him for an MRI on Monday. If that is inconclusive they will do an Angiogram.

They told him it could be a pinched nerve, or a blocked artery to his arm, gave him a prescription for Ibuprofen, and sent him home.

This may not sound very scary. but if you compound it with the fact that we have had 3 young men in our family pass away from sudden illness this year.....it can be freaky.

Anyway!! Thank you all again. It really helps to know that you have people from all over wishing you the best, and praying for you.

I feel peaceful about the situation right now. I have faith that all will soon be well.

No comments: